[SciPy-user] Re: io.loadmat

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Wed Oct 15 09:25:36 EDT 2003

    Nils> Did you ask the author -->
    Nils> http://ion.le.ac.uk/admin/nigel.html already ?

    John> I emailed him this morning.  I hope he didn't get too many
    John> requests this AM :-).  I'll post back if he responds.

Nigel got back to me.  He said he had no objection to releasing it
under another license.  He released it originally under GPL for
convenience and asked for pointers to appropriate licenses for scipy.
I pointed him to PSF, BSD and MIT, and suggested he post here when he
did a release.  If I don't hear from him in a week or so, I'll send
another gentle request.

JDH