[SciPy-user] Re: [Scipy-chaco] TeX/LaTeX and Chaco

Gary Pajer gpajer at rider.edu
Wed Oct 15 19:27:56 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, October 15, 2003, at 06:31 PM, Fernando Perez wrote:

> Chris Barker wrote:
>
>> Anyway, PyX is a pretty neat project, that seems to have a lot in
>> common
>> with Chaco/Kiva. I wanted to make sure you all knew about it.
>
> Just a few days ago I mentioned it on the scipy-* (not chaco) lists,
> after finding out about it myself.  Something's in the air ;-)
>
> Anyway, even more coincidence, I spent a good chunk of time today
> getting it to work, which unfortunately isn't totally trivial on a
> RedHat box,

Very nontrivial on Windows, too.  If I ever get it compiled and running
(I have doubts) I'll post instructions.   Certainly the installation is
not ready for primetime.   (I'd love it if someone makes a fool out of
me and tells me how easy it is ...  )

How is the performance relative to the promises on the web site?