[SciPy-user] Re: [Scipy-chaco] TeX/LaTeX and Chaco

Fernando Perez fperez at colorado.edu
Thu Oct 16 13:28:52 EDT 2003

Andrea Riciputi wrote:

> I've looked at the output of pattern.py example (both mine and yours)
> and as far as I can see it looks like the one on the website. Are you
> sure your output is different from the one on the site?

Issue solved.  It was an artifact of using antialiasing with gv.  If I turn AA
off, it looks fine.  Which means it's a ghostview bug, not a pyx one.

> For further discussion about PyX I've subscribed PyX-Users mailing
> list. Hope to see your posts there soon. ;-)

I just did too.  Long reply coming now, addressing the various issues raised here.

Best,

ps.  I won't post on this further here, to keep the scipy lists focused again
on scipy.  However, I fully agree with Chris Barker that PyX may be exactly
the way to integrate LaTeX into output, so I hope the scipy core team
considers it as a possibility.