[SciPy-user] table matching

Stefano Covino covino at mi.astro.it
Thu Oct 23 04:06:40 EDT 2003

Hi!

Let's assume to have two sets of points on a plane identified by their
coordinates x,y. If you like you can think to positions of objects as seen
from an airplanes in two different pictures. The pictures have the same
spatial orientation and scale, but can be shifted both in X and Y.

My goal is to match tho two sets of points finding the common objects within a
given tolerance and the relative shift DX, DY of the best match. Of course
the problem is well known and there are a lot of algorithms to face with it.

However, I wonder if in the present SciPy release there is a python tool
already developed to apply in this case.

Thank you in advance,
			Stefano