[SciPy-user] table matching

Stefano Covino covino at mi.astro.it
Thu Oct 23 06:22:17 EDT 2003

> 	I'm no scipy expert, but can't you just find out what the dx,dy
> displacement is by means of a 2D correlation (use FFTs to calculate
> that in frequency domain if you want), and then re-sample one image
> with respect to the other (using one of the interpolation routines in
> scipy)?

Well, this is one of the possible algorithms to solve the problem. Actually I
admit I am wondering if someone has already done the job for me!

However the problem can in principle be a bit more complicated. It is possible
that the two sets show holes, i.e. some object can be included in a list and
not in the other due to some bias. In this case it would be interesting to
evaluate the performances of FFTs.

In any case thank you. It is anyway a possibility.

	Stefano