[SciPy-user] tracebacks when running tests

Pearu Peterson pearu at scipy.org
Thu Jun 3 18:07:56 EDT 2004

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, Elliot Peele wrote:

> I tried compiling atlas and installing it in /usr/lib/atlas/* and now I
> get different problems. I get an undefined symbol for s_wsfe in
> flapack.so. The ldd output for flapack.so is:
>
> [elliot at rkbuild linalg]$ ldd flapack.so
>         libc.so.6 => /lib/tls/libc.so.6 (0xb7166000)
>         /lib/ld-linux.so.2 => /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x80000000)

s_wsfe should be defined in the g2c library.
What compiler are you using? You should use the same Fortran compiler for
all Fortran libraries but the above undefined symbol message indicates
that either you are not using gnu compiler or -lg2c is required for some
reason. See the relevant section in INSTALL.txt.

Btw, sometimes starting over from fresh and following closely provided
instructions will fix curious bugs ;-)

Pearu