[SciPy-user] Enthon for the Mac

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Tue Nov 23 17:54:11 EST 2004

    Robert> Has anyone compiled these for the Mac outside of
    Robert> Fink/Gentoo/DarwinPorts? With wxPython and Tkinter,
    Robert> someone else has done the work to make installation of the
    Robert> underlying libraries easy enough that I can package them
    Robert> up. As far as I know, no one has done so for GTK+ and I'm
    Robert> not willing to do so.

I've done it from src for gtk-2, pygtk and gtkglext on 10.3.  It was a
pain, yes.  I'd be happy to help out here time permitting if you let
me know what you need, but I've not built darwin packages before so I
may not be of much use.  I for one would like to see these in the OSX
enthon -- I just didn't have the guts to ask :-).

The software I develop for work relies heavily on gtkglext / pygtk /
vtk.  For the record, these packages now work seamlessly together on
win32.  I'm gearing up to release my EEG/MRI analysis tools; the
target audience is primarily clinicians who use win32 almost
exclusively -- many of whom will never have heard of python.  I was
planning on figuring out how to build an all-in-one win32 installer
with all the goodies included for these folks.

JDH