[SciPy-user] matrixmultiply()

David Grant david.grant at telus.net
Fri Apr 8 19:01:40 EDT 2005

Can anyone tell me why the * operation on matrices is for element-wise
multiplcation and not matrix multiplication for Numeric/numpy arrays?

Or at least tell me a nice way to do A*B*C*D*E*F, where the * denotes
matrix multiplication. I once wrote a function where I passed those to a
function as arrary of arrays, so mult([A,B,C,D,E,F]) and the function
multiplied them all together. But I can't remember where I put this
function, and I was wondering if there was an easier way.

--
David J. Grant
http://www.davidandnasha.ca