[SciPy-user] f2py complex number problem

Ryan Krauss ryanlists at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 15:08:47 EST 2005

Thanks Robert.  That will work.  But what am I doing wrong:

      subroutine test(s,out)
      double complex s, out
      external zsinh, zcosh
Cf2py intent(in) s
Cf2py intent(out) out
      out=zcos(s)-zcosh(s)+zsin(s)-zsinh(s)
!      out=zcos(s)+zsin(s)
      END

      double complex function zcosh(z)
      double complex z
      zcosh = 0.5*(exp(z)+exp(-z))
      END

      double complex function zsinh(z)
      double complex z
      zsinh = 0.5*(exp(z)-exp(-z))
      END

I can access zsinh and zcosh from python and they are correct, but
calling the main funtion returns NaN.  If I switch the comment so that
out=zsin(s)=zcos(s), everything works fine, so my zsinh and zcosh seem
to be screwing this up.

Two other rusty fortran questions.  Can I put zsinh and zcosh in a
library somewhere and import them either complied or just import the
definitions?  Is it possible to overwrite the interinsic cos, sin,
cosh, and sinh with my own comlex definitions?

I have a few fortran books I have checked out of the library and I
have tried googling, but I am not getting anywhere.

Thanks,

Ryan