[SciPy-user] Clarification

Alan G Isaac aisaac at american.edu
Mon Jul 25 11:00:38 EDT 2005

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005, David A Howey apparently wrote:
> Why didn't you just try gplt (for 3D) as well as matplotlib (for 2D)?!?
> See
> http://www.scipy.org/documentation/plottutorial.html/view?searchterm=gplt

I did try gplt.
Once past the fine basics, I found it unacceptable.
Certain gnuplot functionality was apparently intentionally crippled.
Additionally, when I raised questions about this, nobody
seemed particularly interested.  Indeed, the best advice
I got was that if I want to use gnuplot from Python,
I should try Gnuplot.py instead.

I am uncertain why you mention Matplotlib, which I have
consistently praised for 2-D plotting (including contour
plots).  It is an amazing package.

Cheers,
Alan Isaac