[SciPy-user] Building on Windows with the Intel Visual Fortran Compiler

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 21:09:35 EDT 2006

Albert Strasheim wrote:
> Hello all
>
>>> (the build part doesn't seem to accept a --fcompiler option).
>> It should be on build_clib and build_ext, not build.
>
> Ah, thanks. I'll update the wiki when I get it building. New error:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):

>   File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\numpy\distutils\fcompiler\intel.py",
> line 133, in IntelVisualFCompiler
>     ar_exe = MSVCCompiler().lib
> AttributeError: MSVCCompiler instance has no attribute 'lib'

That usually means that that compiler never got configured. Check the messages
distutils spits out when it's trying to find a C compiler. You will probably
want to set --compiler on build_clib and build_ext rather than build, too. I
think the passing of information between distutils commands is a little screwed
up; I've never had problems when I explicitly set that information on build_clib
and build_ext, though.

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."