[SciPy-user] Scipy Superpack (was Re: pajer at iname.com has sent you a file.)

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 20:38:22 EST 2006

Robert Kern wrote:
> R. Padraic Springuel wrote:
>> So, I downloaded and installed those files, but am still getting the
>> same error.
>>
>> Also, I installed the Superpack on my Mac system and can't seem to
>> import either scipy or matplotlib.  I get the following errors:
>>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>    File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
>>    File
>> "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pylab.py",
>> line 1, in ?
>>      from matplotlib.pylab import *
>> ImportError: No module named matplotlib.pylab
>
> That would indeed be a problem. Chris might not be reading this thread, so
> hopefully my changing the subject line will grab his attention.

I've found what I think is the problem, matplotlib/__init__.py does not exist,
so something went wrong with the bdist_mpkg process. You can try grabbing it
from the SVN repository and putting it in .../site-packages/matplotlib/

https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/matplotlib/trunk/matplotlib/lib/matplotlib/__init__.py

Of course, there may be other pieces missing from the package.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco