[SciPy-user] Dense matrices versus sparse matrices

Nils Wagner nwagner at mecha.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Feb 16 08:04:14 EST 2006

Hi all,

I am going to solve l a r g e Sylvester equations

A X + X B = C

and I should use sparse matrices instead of dense matrices.

However, I started with a dense version (ggsl-dense.py) and the results
are very promising.

But if I use the sparse version (ggsl-sparse.py) the results are different
(floating point numbers differ in the last 7 digits).

I guess that something went wrong during the transition process.

Who can help me with this task ?

The codes are available upon request. :-)

Cheers,
                  Nils