[SciPy-user] access to wavelets.scipy.org/svn/

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 03:43:56 EDT 2006

Hi Glen,

On 9/29/06, Glen W. Mabey <Glen.Mabey at swri.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I don't know of a better place to post than this for a question
> regarding pywt.
>
> Following the instructions found at http://wavelets.scipy.org/index.html for
> checking out the development version:
>
>     $$ svn co http://wavelets.scipy.org/svn/multiresolution/wavelets/trunk wavelets
>     svn: REPORT request failed on '/svn/multiresolution/!svn/vcc/default'
>     svn: REPORT of '/svn/multiresolution/!svn/vcc/default': 400 Bad Request (http://wavelets.scipy.org)
>

> and the indicated path in
> http://wavelets.scipy.org/svn/multiresolution/pywt/trunk/README.txt
> yields a similar error.
>
> However, trying:
>     $$ svn co https://wavelets.scipy.org/svn/multiresolution/pywt/trunk/
> at least asks for a password.  However, shouldn't there be (or, could
> there please be) anonymous access to this tree?

As others have pointed, this is an issue with your local proxy config.
 If you're still having problems, please let us know.

Also, note that the brief history provided by Jarrod is correct.
Filip's code has been moved over to the scipy site, and Filip has SVN
commit access to it.

I just did a quick update of the site to better reflect this, and
turned it into a Moin wiki completely.  This will remove me as the
bottleneck for site handling, and Filip (or anyone else) can now
contribute more up to date info.

A pywavelets project is one of those things that everyone seems to
need but nobody has the time to fully develop.  Currently at least
Filip is making progress, but my understanding is that his time is
also limited for this project.  If more users with expertise in this
area and some time to spare are willing to help, there's plenty to
do...

Cheers,