[SciPy-user] Pros and Cons of Python verses other array environments

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Thu Sep 28 15:46:25 EDT 2006

 John,

You have good argument and I certainly won't fight over you about that.
I prefer python and find it easy to use. But I use object oriented
programming, importing modules, functional programming, regexp, operator
overloading, and some of my colleagues have difficulties with this.

Maybe python can seem harder because it can be used at higher levels. I
still thing that it is lacking an IDE where you can "click and start
typing".

--
    Gaël