[SciPy-user] Pros and Cons of Python verses other array environments

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Fri Sep 29 03:44:01 EDT 2006

Bill Baxter wrote:

> Hey Fernando.   I actually broke down and started using ipython
> instead of pyCrust recently, despite my dislike for being stuck in the
> lame Windows console.  It is a great shell, (love the ? and "func arg"
> --> "func(arg)" features).
everytime I am stuck on windows, I have the same problem. I don't know
if it is doable, but you may want to see if ipython can work inside
console (I don't know how is the console application separated from the
shell, and if pyreadline can be used inside something else than cmd.exe):

http://sourceforge.net/projects/console/

At least, you can change the font, have tab consoles, and change the
size of the window.

David