[SciPy-user] Plea: Installing SciPy on Mac 10.4.9: _fftpack.so problems?

Lou Pecora lou_boog2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 12 09:09:34 EDT 2007

This might not be what you want, but you might
consider using prebuilt packages at
http://pythonmac.org/packages/.  I have used them to
install on my old PPC laptop and my new Mac Pro Intel
dual core desktop.  All worked fine.  I installed
Python 2.4.4, NumPy, Matplotlib/PyLab, and SciPy from
the packages.  I also additionally installed iPython
from the iPython site using setup.py etc.  So far
everything works well together.

--- Ariel Rokem <arokem at berkeley.edu> wrote:

> Hi - I have been having a very similar problem
> building scipy.
>
> I am running Mac OS10.4.9 on a PPC with gfortran
> 4.3.0 and gcc3.3

-- Lou Pecora,   my views are my own.
"I knew I was going to take the wrong train, so I left early."
--Yogi Berra