[SciPy-user] Installing the SVM sandbox

Jarrod Millman millman at berkeley.edu
Fri Apr 20 05:04:02 EDT 2007

Hello Jose,

Assuming you have everything you need to build scipy installed as well as
ctypes 1.0.1 it should be fairly straightforward.  I haven't tested this
recently (I can give it a try tomorrow), but I think you should just have to
do something like this:

cd ~/src
svn co http://svn.scipy.org/svn/scipy/trunk/ ./scipy-trunk
cd scipy-trunk
echo svm > Lib/sandbox/enabled_packages.txt
python setup.py build
sudo python setup.py install

Then if all goes well just try something like this at the python prompt:
from scipy.sandbox import svm
from scipy.sandbox.svm import LibSvmRegressionDataSet, LibSvmTestDataSet

Good luck,

--
Jarrod Millman
10 Giannini Hall, UC Berkeley