[SciPy-user] best way of finding a function

Trevis Crane t_crane at mrl.uiuc.edu
Fri Apr 27 11:11:06 EDT 2007

Hi,

One thing that makes it hard to get into using SciPy and Python is the
decentralized nature of the documentation.  My problem is that I want to
use the arc-hyperbolic sine function.  I have no idea where this is in
order to import it (and in all likelihood I could import it from any
number of sources).  I can't seem to find it looking through the
documentation on scipy.org.  This is a specific example, but in general
what's the best way of finding where some given function is in order to
import it?

Once you've been using scipy and such long enough, I imagine this is not
so much an issue, but it does create something of a barrier to begin
with.  Or at least, I've found it to be so.  Do you all have any
suggestions how to make this easier?

thanks,

trevis

Trevis Crane