[SciPy-user] minimization returns values never used in residuum function

Bernhard Voigt Bernhard.Voigt at desy.de
Wed Aug 29 03:30:12 EDT 2007

On 8/29/07, Carlos Scheidegger <cscheid at sci.utah.edu> wrote:

> I would bet that if you move those prints so that they're before the
> changes,
> you're going to see the values beyond the boundaries. fmin_bfgs has no way
> know you're optimizing within the periodic boundaries.

Ah, yes! Thought if I change the parameter inside the residuum function the
minimizer will use the new value in succeeding calls. Thinking about it,
that's stupid, how should it notice these changes... Anyway I just need to
apply the parameter transformation to the result, this should be fine.

Thanks! Bernhard