[SciPy-user] Need very simple example showing how to return numpy array from C/C++ function

Jeremy Conlin jeremit0 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 16:20:17 EST 2007

I have a class member function that looks like this:
std::vector<double> discretize(...);

I would like to return a numpy array instead of a std::vector<double>.  I
could (of course) rewrite my function to return a pointer to the first
element of an array if needed.  I am currently using SWIG for wrapping my
code for Python.

I have searched far and wide for a simple example of how I should do this.
 Everything I find is *far* too complicated for someone doing this for the
first time.  Does someone have a simple example they would like to share?  I
have the "Guide to Numpy"; it has lots of information about the different
functions, it doesn't have any examples.

Thanks,
Jeremy Conlin