[SciPy-user] r_ not defined while using signal.freqs

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 06:23:21 EST 2007

Kumar Appaiah wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 20, 2007 at 01:12:16AM -0600, Robert Kern wrote:
>> If waiting for Debian is the alternative, then I'm almost certain
>> that you *do* want to do at least one of the things you described to
>> get the fix. We don't make official releases of scipy particularly
>> often, and Debian will, of course, lag that release.
>
> Well, I've filed a bug report and directed the maintainer to refer to
> this thread and the svn repository. So, even Debian will have the
> fixed version soon, I guess.

That is not usually the case. Upstream bug fixes the size and severity of this
one are usually folded in when the Debian packager starts updates to a new
upstream release. If that package tends to track an upstream source control
repository instead of official releases, then this might happen fairly quickly
in Debian unstable. However, most packages do not; python-scipy is just such a
package.

But look at the changelog history if you don't believe me:

http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/p/python-scipy/python-scipy_0.5.2-0.1/changelog

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."