[SciPy-user] scipy fblas.so functions not found

Lev Givon lev at columbia.edu
Thu Jun 14 09:41:22 EDT 2007

Received from Charlie Yanaitis on Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 08:12:26AM EDT:
> I'm hoping somebody could offer some advice. I've been stymied for a
> while trying to build/install a good working version of scipy-0.5.2
> on a Saturn Cluster that's running Red Hat RHEL4-U4. I'm using gcc
> version 3.4.6 and python-2.5. I've tried to build the Atlas
> variation, but was unsuccessful, so I back-tracked and reverted to
> building and installing numpy and then scipy. Going this route,
> scipy at least built and installed OK, but now, the fblas.so library
> is missing functions and a user reported to me that they got the
> following error:
>
> ImportError: /usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/scipy/linalg/fblas.so:
> undefined symbol: srotmg_
>
> If anybody can offer some advice on a fix or work around for this, I'd
> appreciate it!
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Charlie Yanaitis

The lapack libraries you are using probably were not compiled against
the full blas source (the lapack source package from netlib includes
an incomplete subset of the blas source files). You might want to try
rebuilding the lapack rpm from Fedora 6 or 7 on your system; it
appears to include a patch providing the missing blas routines.

							L.G.