[SciPy-user] Next neighbor interpolation inside regular griddedarrays

Thomas Nauss nauss at lcrs.de
Tue Mar 20 04:19:01 EDT 2007

Hi Stéfan,
thank's for your response.
I have checked map_coordinates but it does not feature next neighbor
interpolation and as I understood ndimage requires equally-spaced data.
I think the equally-spaced data is the main problem since the raw
satellite data doesn't have it (neither lat nor long is continuously
increasing along cols or rows). That's why I didn't use the inverse way
because for that I had to go through the entire array for every output
pixel to check the closest lat/long combination. I also tried
PyNGL.natgrid to get an equally spaced input grid but it takes much to
long (> 1e6 pixels) .
I could of course warp the raw data to an equally-spaced
(non-interpolated) lat/long coordination system so that you can access
the value of a specific lat/long coordinate directly through the row/col
number and perform an inverse projection afterwards - this should have a
slightly better accuracy in the end.
Do you have any other idea?
Cheers
Thomas