[SciPy-user] TimeSeries

Pierre GM pgmdevlist at gmail.com
Thu May 3 13:42:56 EDT 2007

In addition to Matt's answer:
Note that I had a strange result myself when trying to plot your graph: the
masked data were no longer masked (which explained the lines at y=0). Turned
out that there was something wrong in my version of matplotlib:
in matplotlib.lines, on lines 320 and 321:
        x = asarray(self.convert_xunits(self._xorig), Float)
        y = asarray(self.convert_yunits(self._yorig), Float)
should be
        x = ma.asarray(self.convert_xunits(self._xorig), Float)
        y = ma.asarray(self.convert_yunits(self._yorig), Float)
(which has been corrected on SVN).
The initial two lines were converting a maskedarray to a regular ndarray,
therefore dropping the mask.

Sp, please update matplotlib.lines and let us know how it goes.