[SciPy-user] Argos data

Francesc Altet faltet at carabos.com
Fri Nov 9 04:37:17 EST 2007

A Thursday 08 November 2007, David Huard escrigué:
> Hi,
>
> Is there someone working with Argos satellite data ? I'd need some
> utility to process the data files and wanted to know what are the
> existing tools.

It would help if you know the kind of format.  My guess is that it
should be netCDF, but if you can tell us which extension do have these
files it would be better.  Also, if you are on a Unix system, trying
the next command out:

$ file your_data_file

should tell you the format of the file (if it is known enough).

In case it is a netCDF file (either v3 or v4), you can use the netCDF4
python module:

http://netcdf4-python.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/docs/netCDF4-module.html

HTH,

V   V   Cárabos Coop. V.   Enjoy Data