[SciPy-user] Testing build before installing (numpy and scipy)

Warren Weckesser warren.weckesser at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 19:44:07 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 6:02 PM, Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 3:35 PM, Warren Weckesser
> <warren.weckesser at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am have a Mac running OSX 10.4.

<snip>

> > 3. The instructions at http://www.scipy.org/Installing_SciPy/Mac_OS_X
> > suggest that the command  "export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.4" be
> given
> > before building scipy for OSX 10.4.  It is not clear from those
> instructions
> > if that macro is also used when building numpy.  I ran the build command
> > twice, once before defining the variable and once after defining it, and
> it
> > does change how numpy is built--well, it changes the names of some
> > directories, anyway.  Is this macro also supposed to be defined when
> > building numpy?
>
> Don't bother for either numpy or scipy.

This really doesn't matter?  Changing the variable changes the  names of the
directories that are created in the build subdirectory.  Does it also affect
how the build process finds Frameworks?  I have Frameworks for 10.3.9 and
10.4 (this computer was upgraded from 10.3.9 to 10.4).  I built numpy with
MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.4 and it passed all the tests.