[SciPy-user] Python(x,y) license

Python(x,y) contact at pythonxy.com
Thu Apr 17 01:37:06 EDT 2008

Hi all,

Ok, the new license was supposed to be very protecting for the licensor.
But, the side effect is that a lot of people misunderstood what is
licensed under it. In fact, this is only the software collection itself.
Each package is distributed under its own license/copyright. So, yes it
is possible to use it for commercial purpose, but the limitation is that
you can't sell the software collection itself... so I don't see why it
is bothering you.

However, I am ready to change the license of the software collection if
this message is not clear enough. The purpose of this license was to
protect the licensor, and not prevent you from using it !!

So, I am waiting for your feedback. And eventually, I will release 1.1.1
in OSL 3.0.

Best regards,

--
P. Raybaut