[SciPy-user] Matlab file reading and writing

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 11:16:08 EDT 2008

Hi,

>  Are you aware of the libmatio library. It intends to write and read mat
>  files :
>  http://sourceforge.net/projects/matio
>
>  It provides a C library and a limited Fortran interface. Are there
>  comparisons with scipy mio Python-written functions ?

Thanks for the link.  I wasn't aware of it.  I guess it may well be
faster than the scipy code, but harder to maintain - the scipy code is
pure python.  We also don't - at the moment - have full matlab 5
writing capability. As it stands we could not incorporate libmatio
because it is LGPL. - but maybe a wrappable option for a scikit...

Best,

Matthew