[SciPy-user] -lf77compat failure - SciPy on AMD64 Sun Studio

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 22:55:47 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 21:35, Michael Abshoff
<michael.abshoff at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hope this helps. If anybody cares I can send my notes on the build
> (including Python) to the list so that someone interested can stuff them
> in the wiki.

Yes, please! However, I don't think anyone who hasn't built numpyor
scipy on Solaris will have the motivation (or background, probably) to
pretty them up for the wiki, so they'll probably get lost if you don't
do it yourself. But toss 'em over anyways. Actually, if you have notes
on building anything in the Sage stack on any platform, I'm personally
interested in seeing them.

> There seems to be no mention of Solaris on
>
>   http://www.scipy.org/Installing_SciPy
>   http://www.scipy.org/Installing_SciPy/BuildingGeneral
>   http://www.scipy.org/FAQ
>
> I also send some build info on 64 bit OSX out a while ago and somebody
> mentioned that those might also be well placed in the wiki.

To this list? I'll have to go back through the archives.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
 -- Umberto Eco