[SciPy-user] Differential Algebraic Equation Solvers

Rob Clewley rob.clewley at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 13:03:24 EDT 2008

> Strange, Now it works fine for me, but it's very slow...

I assume you mean the time to be able to run the radau test script? If
so, that's because the current version of the systems needs to
recompile everything afresh each time, even though 90% of the code is
the same. That's a distutils issue, but the version I'll be releasing
in the next few months side-steps that problem. Then, only your vector
field will need to be re-compiled if you change it, and the core radau
and dopri parts will be compiled once only at the original
installation time. Hence the complicated issues getting setup.py
working.

I think you'll find that once the model is compiled, it integrates
solutions *very* quickly. Radau is very efficient, and there's only a
small overhead in simulating models with it using the additional
structures from PyDSTool. If this isn't what you find then there's
something else wrong!

-Rob