[SciPy-user] Adding new columns to 2D array & populating them

Ivo Maljevic ivo.maljevic at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 13:49:23 EDT 2008

The short answer is: they do not appear to be exactly the same.

The longer answer (there are may who will know this way better than I do),
can be found if you look at the source code in :

/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/lib

and then open file

index_tricks.py

You will find the concatenator class that does a whole bunch of things, and
then r_class and c_class which inherit concatenator. c_ and r_ are just
"attached" to those classes.