[SciPy-user] Image Morphology

Tom Waite twaite at berkeley.edu
Mon Jun 23 10:41:02 EDT 2008

I wrote a package called segmenter (under development in ndimage) that has a
thinning method. It will operate on either a single binary image or with my
connected components methods to build connected regions and then thin each
region of interest, using the automatically derived bounding box of each
ROI. I need to clean up the code to complete it. I typically pre-filter the
images to prevent spurs and I had planned to add more advanced methods like
Zhang-Suen that deal with this (which may be what Matlab does).