[SciPy-user] Running scipy.test on recent SVN build

Joshua Lippai discerptor at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 16:30:55 EDT 2008

Hello all,

Last night I tried installing scipy (on OS X 10.5.2) and I was
surprised to find that nose is now required to run scipy.test. I
installed it successfully through easy_install, but now it still won't
run the test, instead producing the following error:

>>> scipy.test(1,10)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages/scipy/testing/nosetester.py",
line 115, in test
    argv = self._test_argv(label, verbose, extra_argv)
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages/scipy/testing/nosetester.py",
line 98, in _test_argv
    raise TypeError, 'Selection label should be a string'
TypeError: Selection label should be a string

Has anyone experienced this as well or now what's going on and how to
fix it so I can run scipy.test? Much thanks in advance.

Josh