[SciPy-user] Surrogate Model/Response Surface model

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Thu May 1 16:20:11 EDT 2008

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 4:09 AM, Jeevan Baretto <jeevan.baretto at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I was looking for an optimization module in Scipy on Surrogate model (
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surrogate_model ) also known as Response
> Surface model. I couldn't find one. Can anyone help me out with this?

There is nothing in particular in scipy which forms the surrogate
models except perhaps splines in scipy.interpolate if the dimensions
are small. There is some Gaussian process (equivalent to kriging) code
here:

  http://code.google.com/p/random-realizations/

Once you have fitted the surrogate model, you can make a function from
it to pass to any of the optimization routines in scipy.optimize.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
 -- Umberto Eco