[SciPy-user] [ Python(x,y) ] New release : 1.2.0

Nicolas Pettiaux nicolas.pettiaux at ael.be
Tue May 27 05:16:31 EDT 2008

2008/5/27 Pierre Raybaut <contact at pythonxy.com>:

> You're not the only one to ask about it indeed.
> A GNU/Linux version is scheduled (and it seems to be far more simple to
> package than the Windows version), but I do not personnally use this OS. One
> of my colleague should be working on it shortly. We will then decide how to
> organize this work in simple tasks, and probably ask for contributions.

OK

I could try to help though I have very little technical competencies
that could help

> As of today, no MacOs version is scheduled (because we don't use this OS,
> and we don't know anyone who could do it).

I do use Mac OS X but when serious work comes, I do fall back to
GNU/linux where, for me, the installation of packages is much
simplier. Hopefully more technically advanced people will be able to
help and contribute there, as I know that there are a number of python
developpers using Mac OS X.

> Thanks for your comments.
With pleasure,

Regards,

Nicolas
--
Nicolas Pettiaux
April - « promouvoir et défendre le logiciel libre » - www.april.org

Rejoignez maintenant près de 2 000 personnes, associations,
entreprises et collectivités qui soutiennent notre action