[SciPy-user] Need new spam cleaner on scipy.org

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Tue Nov 11 04:11:47 EST 2008

Tue, 11 Nov 2008 01:09:15 -0500, william ratcliff wrote:
> Is there any way to put up one of those stupid yahoo-esque puzzle tests
> in order to post to the wiki?

MoinMoin 1.6 has them,

	http://moinmo.in/HelpOnTextChas

but, as I understand, the version running on scipy.org is older than this
and someone would need to upgrade it first. (But I believe this would pay
off -- spending time on deleting spam manually is nearly wasted time IMO.)

To use this feature sensibly, some people would have to maintain a list
of known-good users, so that frequent editors wouldn't have to fill in
the CAPTCHA on every edit.

Since passing this test is required also on account registration, one
could perhaps use Known as the textchas_disabled_group to limit CAPTCHAS
to registration, and not to editing.

--
Pauli Virtanen