[SciPy-user] scipy on old CPU crashes

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 22:41:33 EST 2008

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 12:16 PM, oyster <lepto.python at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi, all
> I am using an old AMD Duron CPU with Win2k, which seems does not
> support SSE/SSE2

indeed, old Duron does not support SSE IIRC.

> I found that there are 3 verisons in
> numpy-1.2.1-win32-superpack-python2.5.exe(numpy-1.2.1-sse3.exe,
> numpy-1.2.1-sse2.exe and numpy-1.2.1-nosse.exe)

Yep, the superpack is just a simple wrapper around the correct
installer, nothing fancy.

> Is there a precompiled scipy that judges nosse/sse/sse2 automatically?

No, but there will be for 0.7, which hopfully is only days away now.

> or is there a way to
> change ATLAS only according to my CPU?

Unfortunately not without rebuilding scipy yourself. Win32 binaries
are built by linking atlas statically.

David