[SciPy-user] F2PY: Problems after upgrading to Python2.6

Kyle Mandli mandli at amath.washington.edu
Tue Nov 18 16:11:09 EST 2008

Benjamin Kern <kern <at> mpi-magdeburg.mpg.de> writes:

> C File hello.f
>       subroutine foo (a)
>       integer a
>       print*, "Hello from Fortran!"
>       print*, "a=",a
>       end
> I have problems executing this from python, i.e.

> This module 'hello' is auto-generated with f2py (version:2_5968).
> Functions:
>   foo(a)
> .
> foo - Function signature:
>   foo(a)
> Required arguments:
>   a : input int

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
> RuntimeError: more argument specifiers than keyword list entries
> (remaining format:'|:hello.foo')

I am having the same problem.  Seemed to happen after I upgraded to python 2.6
and built from numpy-svn and scipy-svn.  Any ideas on what's causing this to
happen?  There was also a post on tbe development list that seems to be the
same type of problem.

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.scientific.devel/9098

- Kyle