[SciPy-User] Behavioral science BoF?

Gökhan Sever gokhansever at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 21:01:45 EDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 12:39 PM, Dav Clark <dav at alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> I know a number of neuroscience types will be coming, but we already
> talk.  So this may not be the best use of conference time.
>
> But, I figured I'd see if anyone were interested in issues like:
>
>  - Stimulus presentation (What do people use / need - I can share my
> experience creating a more semantic framework for this stuff on top of
> VisionEgg)
>  - Data collection (I'd be happy to talk about my experiences with
> the excellent LabJack I/O box - this wouldn't have to be for
> behavioral data).
>  -  Data marshalling, storage, retrieval, visualization, analysis -
> I'm having great success dealing with glitchy data using an HDF5
> container and a TraitsUI visualization tool to rapidly look through
> the many things that went wrong.

Although I don't know much about behavioral sciences the subject about the
data acquisition and analysis parts interests me very much. That LabJack I/O
box seems interesting. For general data analysis netCDF and HDF5 deployed on
a Traits UI is something we consider implementing.

As an atmospheric sciences graduate student I would like to learn and
discuss other people's approach/solutions in the data acquisition issues.

Please let me know when you are going to get together for this initiative.

> I'd be happy talking to people about ecologies or toothpaste or Luan
> or whatever, if they felt they had similar computational problems.  So
> don't take the "behavioral science" aspect too seriously.
>
> Any takers?
> Dav

Gökhan