[SciPy-user] concave and convex function

mudit sharma mudit_19a at yahoo.com
Wed May 27 18:39:28 EDT 2009

my apologies Josef. I am going to have use the first derivative as my other approach is very time consuming. I was thinking of smooth data using savitzky golay filter, fitting 5 day time lag and narrow down the search based on best fit and work upward to higher frequency. Then use angle, depth and height parameters to find matches.Although, it's very useful in pattern recognitions( V, W, and M shape trend reversals) but very time consuming as I am dealing very large datasets.

So I am just going to use first derivative and then fit just top and bottoms to remove noise.

Mudit