[SciPy-User] memoryError when i have plenty of available ram

Gustaf Nilsson super.inframan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 09:14:12 EDT 2009

Hey
Kuramaguchi isnt the same as Kurama. Its actually very close, just one stop
north of Imadegawa.
The wedding im going to is at the shimogamo temple, just where the rivers
meet.

aanyways...
I think the program releases its memory properly, because if i look at
memory usage it actually goes down once a certain part of the process is
done. (and then up again as the next one starts)
the script is completely filled with nested eval()'s so its quite possible
theres evil goin on wrong deep down in the code somewhere..

but yeah, when i come home from work tonight ill try and see if i can
isolate the problem and show the code..

Gusty

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 11:53 AM, David Cournapeau <
david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:

> Gustaf Nilsson wrote:
> > yeah im aware of the 2 gb limit, and i expect to upgrade to 64bit (w7)
> > next month...
> > still, my program doesnt even get close to that before the memoryError.
>
> Depending on the action, it may be a bug in the called function, or the
> function is just memory hungry (it can also be a reference count error
> somewhere, but let's hope it won't go to that).
>
> > Hey you are in kyoto? ive spent a few months in the north of kyoto
> > (matsugasaki/kuramaguchi)
>
> Yes, still in Kyoto, in the north as well - but not as far as kurama (I
> am still in the city, in Demachiyanagi near kyodai). Sakura in Kyoto is
> nice :)
>
> cheers,
>
> David