[SciPy-User] Trend Detection

Gökhan Sever gokhansever at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 16:38:51 EDT 2009

I am happy to see some statistical analysis experts here :) At this point I
would like ask an important question:

Can any of you come here (University of North Dakota) and give a seminar
and/or tutorial on this subject as well as covering other statistical
analysis techniques available out (preferably centered around Python)?

There is a weekly seminars organized in our department (Atmospheric
Sciences), and currently there are a few vacancies for the upcoming weeks.
After seeing that paper, I have contacted some of the professors in our
department asking if someone could give us an introduction in this area.
However, we returned empty handed even from the Math department here in the
campus.

Now, I am thinking this could be a great chance to introduce people into the
Scientific Python world, and learning about the deep statistical analyses
methods.

The drawback is our department doesn't cover travel costs of presenters (It
is for the pure joy of science :)) Maybe some help from PSF or another
source could alleviate this issue.

Any opinions, takers?

--
Gökhan