[SciPy-User] Simulations

David Goldsmith d.l.goldsmith at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 16:06:12 EDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 12:23 PM, Cesar Koers <ckoers at telenet.be> wrote:

> Hi Ram,
>
> Perhaps you're now thinking that your 'step function' would still work
> in the frequency domain (response at frequency f_{i+} as a function of
> response at frequency f_i), but this doesn't work (to my knowledge)
> because it requires that the system is modeled by differential equations
> in the frequency domain (haven't encountered this before)

However, due to what happens to the TD DE model when you transform it to the
FD, don't the DE become AE (algebraic equations) and thus, conceivably, if
equipped with the appropriate machinery under the hood, a "general
simulator" could be designed with an FD "mode."  Clearly Ram's module
doesn't seem to support this dual mode functionality yet, but now that
you've alerted him to this "necessity" for anything he'd want to bill as
"general," he can opt to try to include it (or, simply re-bill what he's got
as a "General Time-Domain Simulation Framework").

DG