[SciPy-User] Enthought's Traits and Python 2.6

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 12:23:43 EDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 11:17, Michael Aye <kmichael.aye at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> the current downloadable Enthought Distribution is running Python 2.5.
> Is there a way to use the Enthought traits with Python 2.6, as i need
> 2.6 for its multiprocess library.

You will want to ask questions about the Enthought Tool Suite on
enthought-dev, not scipy-user.

There are a couple of things to note. The first is that the version of
Python used as the basis for the Enthought Python Distribution is
unrelated to the versions of Python supported by the Enthought Tool
Suite. You should be able to build Traits from source with Python 2.6
just fine.

However, it is also worth noting that you do not need Python 2.6 in
order to use multiprocessing. It is available as a third party package
backported to Python 2.5. In fact, it is bundled with the Enthought
Python Distribution.

  http://pypi.python.org/pypi/multiprocessing

--
Robert Kern