[SciPy-User] Kuiper test (was Re: scipy.stats.fit inquiry)

josef.pktd at gmail.com josef.pktd at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 19:42:56 EDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 6:15 PM, Anne Archibald
<peridot.faceted at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/10/21  <josef.pktd at gmail.com>:

> Incidentally, how would I get nosetests to run only some of the
> distributions tests (ideally just the ones I choose)? When I just do
> "nosetests scipy.stats" it takes *forever*.

With nosetests you can also specify the module or even just the
name of the test. I used this a lot but don't remember the syntax
(with . or with :)
try  nosetests path/to/test_continuous_basic.py
and  nosetests path/to/test_continuous_extra.py

Since most of the distribution test are generators for the list of
distributions, you cannot pick just one distributions without
editing the tests.

When testing a specific distribution, I usually overwrote the
list of distributions, see the commented out examples
in
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/browser/trunk/scipy/stats/tests/test_continuous_basic.py#L136

test_continuous_extra.py reads the list of distributions to be
tested from test_continuous_basic.py

vonmises is classified as slow, and run only with "full", which
is not the default for scipy.test(), but is the default for using
nosetests on the command line. There is a command line
argument for nosetests (??"not-slow") to skip the tests decorated
as slow.

Hope that helps.

Josef