[SciPy-User] site.cfg problems : scipy can't find BLAS

John Reid j.reid at mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk
Tue Apr 13 04:02:43 EDT 2010

John Reid wrote:
> Thanks for the help Patrick, Minh-Tri, Josef and David.
>
> I can get scipy compiled but its still failing the tests. When I run
> with verbose=10 I can identify the test it is running:

I just thought I'd let everyone know I've worked around these problems
with the following steps:

- I've gone back to numpy 1.3.0 and scipy 0.7.1
- I follow the instructions for Ubuntu at
http://www.scipy.org/Installing_SciPy/Linux#head-1c4018a51422706809ee96a4db03ca0669f5f6d1
but I replace the building ATLAS step by building GotoBLAS2 and a netlib
LAPACK that uses it

My new site.cfg is:
[DEFAULT]
library_dirs = /usr/local/src/scipy-stack/lib
include_dirs = /usr/local/src/scipy-stack/include

[blas]
libraries = goto2
language = fortran

[lapack]
libraries = lapack goto2
language = fortran

[amd]
amd_libs = amd

[umfpack]
umfpack_libs = umfpack

[fftw]
libraries = fftw3

I hope that helps anyone else who has similar problems. Thanks all for
the help.

John.