[SciPy-User] watershed question

Zachary Pincus zachary.pincus at yale.edu
Wed Apr 28 13:18:11 EDT 2010

> Unless I'm also missing something obvious, the code returns an invalid
> result.  I even adjusted the depths of the two "pits", but always one
> region overruns the other---not what I would expect to happen.  I
> haven't delved into the ndimage code at all, but I wonder weather we
> shouldn't implement one of the simpler algorithms as part of
> scikits.image.segment for comparison?

Cellprofiler has a watershed algorithm, I believe. And like most of
the cellprofiler stuff, the implementation seems pretty high-quality
and well-thought-out.

I wound up extracting the cpmath sub-package, and (after a few
setup.py changes) it works great standalone with just scipy and numpy
as dependencies:
https://svn.broadinstitute.org/CellProfiler/trunk/CellProfiler/cellprofiler/cpmath/

Zach