[SciPy-User] Python in middle school

Bruce Southey bsouthey at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 11:39:27 EST 2010

On 12/14/2010 10:25 AM, nicky van foreest wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My son (11) reads
>

> Hello World! Computer Programming for Kids and Other Beginners [Paperback]
> Warren Sande
> Warren Sande (Author)
>
> He likes it, that is, most of it. The book ends with programming a game.
>
> bye
>
> Nicky
>

> On 14 December 2010 05:20, Robert Ferrell<ferrell at diablotech.com>  wrote:

>>> Also, I found this story interesting
>>> http://learnpython.wordpress.com/2010/12/12/python-in-the-news/
>>> (At a grade school of one of my kids they use Lego Mindstorm, which sounds fun.)
>> Another article in that guys blog, http://learnpython.wordpress.com/category/teaching/, also has some good info.
>>
>> thanks,
>> -robert

Linux Format magazine (http://www.linuxformat.com/) has done various
Python tutorials in the past but you need to be a subscriber to get most
of these. The editors might be willing to provide these on request.
There is this one:
Issue 112 -  Make a racing game - Expand your Python and PyGame skills
with a top-down racer in under 100 lines of code. Vroom! (Mike Saunders):
http://www.linuxformat.com/includes/download.php?PDF=LXF112.tut_code.pdf

Bruce