[SciPy-User] [SciPy-user] Float32 FFT

Klaus Kopec klaus.kopec at tuebingen.mpg.de
Mon Feb 8 11:01:30 EST 2010

On 02/08/2010 04:49 PM, Klaus Kopec wrote:
> On 02/08/2010 04:19 PM, David Cournapeau wrote:
>
>> The double precision support for fftn was a bug, this is now fixed.
>>
> The only remaining problem with fftn now is ifftn, which is apparently
> not yet implemented for complex64 input (according to the
> NotYetImplemented error and the fftpack.basic source code for ifftn).
Sorry for posting twice, but if I am not mistaken (even though I have no
clue what I am doing but just copy/pasted from normal ifft), ifftn for
complex64 seems to work after replacing the code throwing the
NotImplementedError with

overwrite_x = overwrite_x or (tmp is not x and not \
                                                   hasattr(x,'__array__'))
work_function = fftpack.cfftnd

Is this the correct way of doing it?

Bye,